Amusing Facts About Bhutan That Would Make You Feel Going Their Right Now
Share this post
Bhutan, a beautiful and small country located in Asia is known for it’s culture and breath taking places, but there is much more to this country than this.
These amusing facts about Bhutan will make you fall in love with it.
- No Sweet Tooth : In a world where everyone loves that sweet pie after dinner, there is Bhutan where there is no culture to have desserts there might be no any other country in the world where is this case that menu doesn’t have option of dessert.
- No Traffic Lights : Throughout Bhutan there are no traffic lights. Traffic is low usually but even when there is traffic they are very much disciplined and manage without traffic lights only policeman give direction to follow. At least in India we can not imagine a scenario like this.
- No Smoking : Smoking is officially banned in Bhutan. Even though it is illegal some youngsters secretly manage to smoke.
- Would You Like Some Salt in Your Tea : Okay now, Bhutan is the only country where people have there tea with salt, this preparation us called "SUJA". Created with Yak Butter it is salty in taste. If you are not Bhutanese you may not like taste, but must give it a try.
- Tiger’s Nest : Bhutan follow Buddhism. Tiger’s Nest is located On the side of cliff 900 m above the Paro Vally. Taktsang famously known as Tiger’s nest is famous Buddhist pilgrimage among world. Bhutanese believe they must visit this sacred place once.
- No News Paper on Sunday : This definitely wants me to settle down in this country. A Place where Sunday holiday is taken so much seriously that that there is no news paper being published or distributed on Sunday.
- Relationships are Easy : Bhutan has no dowry culture, if boy and girl like each other they just go to their parents buy them food and drink and move out of their house and get married. However if they don’t get along with each other they can move out with easy divorce that can get within month. Easy relationships, no drama needed. I wish wish to be in Bhutan now. Though this easy arrangement lead to many marriages and children, they all live happily and domestic violence has strict laws against it.
Bhutan is small, beautiful and very peaceful country, once in Life It’s worth traveling.
Bonus Fact - Indian Rupees works here, now do not you wish to go and have your small vacation out in Bhutan? ;)
Cover Image Source - Bhutan Travel Burea